AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

I have correct GTIN numbers that are being disqualified, how do I tell Google to allow them?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For MA Strum clothing they have provided GTIN numbers with up to 7 0s i.e. 0000000166119 which are then disallowed. The GTINs are correct. Also, Stone Island provide Barcode numbers with only 11 numbers, anyone come across that before?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan K
October 2016

I have correct GTIN numbers that are being disqualified, how do I tell Google to allow them?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you check a database you will see it's a pocket knife. https://www.barcodelookup.com/0000000166119

I don't think the manufacturer has registered official barcodes and it seems they just gave you random numbers. But don't take my word for it. If this is what I see, than you can only assume that this is what Google sees. As it is clothing item, it can not be a pocket knife.

However normally a GTIN can not have more than 1 leading zero, so something is wrong with what the manufacturer has given you.

I recommend contacting the manufacturer to find out if they really did register a bar code and cross reference with the products you have in stock. If they don't match up than you know some data is wrong.

If the manufacturer has not assigned a bar code, than you can set the identifier exists to false.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan K
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you check a database you will see it's a pocket knife. https://www.barcodelookup.com/0000000166119

I don't think the manufacturer has registered official barcodes and it seems they just gave you random numbers. But don't take my word for it. If this is what I see, than you can only assume that this is what Google sees. As it is clothing item, it can not be a pocket knife.

However normally a GTIN can not have more than 1 leading zero, so something is wrong with what the manufacturer has given you.

I recommend contacting the manufacturer to find out if they really did register a bar code and cross reference with the products you have in stock. If they don't match up than you know some data is wrong.

If the manufacturer has not assigned a bar code, than you can set the identifier exists to false.

hope it helps

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have a big problem with my product.

Why is the number of Incorrect product identifiers is increasing? While I've fixed all the other errors?

Thanks.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If the identifiers are correct, make sure all other errors and warnings are resolved as this can influence a disapproval.

Also avoid using the diagnostics tab as this is a failed system where issues linger around for up to 30 days, even when you fix them.

Instead use it as a reference and use Products > Lists as the correct up to date checklist to see if you have any disapproval.

Hope it helps