AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How will I know if (and why) my product feed has been rejected?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just submitted a product feed to my Merchant center via the Google Sheets template.  

The status currently reads "Shopping: 0 / 1 successful".  Is this because my feed is still under review? If so, how long does the review process take?

If not, and if it has been automatically rejected, how can I figure out the reason why, so I can fix it?

Re: How will I know if (and why) my product feed has been rejected?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Linsdey
0 / 1 successful tells you that the uploaded feed (with 1 product) has not been processed because of an error. If you click the 'feeds' tab in the left menu in your merchant account and then click the feed name (uploaded) in blue link, you will see the errors listed there. Once you know the issue, rectify it and upload the feed again.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, thanks. My Google Sheets template didn't have those attributes. What is the proper syntax (i.e. column heading) for the following?

Tax (is it "tax_rate"?)
Shipping Price (is it "shipping_price"?

And, when I specify the shipping price, is this just for 1 quantity of my product? People usually order these in batches of 50-100, which would affect the shipping price dramatically.

In fact, I was hoping this product ad would lead people to my online shop, where the shipping is calculated automatically based on how many they've added to their shopping cart. Am I misunderstanding how to use this?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You are welcome Lindsay.

There are 3 ways to deal with Taxes and shipping details-

There are three ways to specify tax (US only) and shipping costs:

1. Settings in the Merchant Center - We offer various ways to specify tax and shipping costs. Learn more about account-level tax settings. You can also use account-level shipping settings to create comprehensive shipping configurations for most shipping models. These settings allow you to use anything from simple, flat rates to more complex, custom models. .

2. Attributes in your product data: By using the tax and shipping attributes below, you can also model complex tax and shipping cost structures.

3.Combination of the two: You can specify default tax and shipping information in Merchant Center, and then override those defaults for certain products by specifying the attributes below. Feed-level information always overrides account-level settings.

More details here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

You're required to use one of the ways above. If you are looking for a convenient way without getting into the feed, then I suggest configuring tax and shipping methods in your merchant account should work for you. You need to go to 'settings' in the left menu and then tax for tax info and shipping for shipping methods. You could add as many shipping methods as you like in the merchant account.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Apologies for improperly spelling your name as Lindsey.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No worries, thanks for noticing! Most people don't even think to check Smiley Happy

So it looks Google finally accepted my feed, after updating my tax and shipping settings.

However, now I've created a shopping campaign in Adwords, separate from my regular text Adwords campaigns, but when I click on the Products tab of this shopping campaign, it says "There are no eligible products for Google Shopping in your linked Merchant Center accounts," even though I do see my product successfully listed under "Products" in my merchant account. Does it just take awhile for this to propogate? And once it does, is there any way for me to see a preview of what my ad will look like, other than simply Googling the keywords I am hoping will land people at my result?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lindsey
In adwords campaigns products would only show once they are approved in the merchant account. If product(s) are showing as active in merchant account its just a matter of time before they show up in adwords shopping campaign. I am afraid there's no preview for shopping ads.

Please feel free for ask if you have questions any further.

Thanks