AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to upload data feed from Google sheets?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again.

I am trying to upload an updated feed for my merchant center account at Native-American-jewelry.org. (My account # is [edited*])

After a chat online with Joseph Taylor, I decided to upload from Google sheets. 

Previously, I have used a google sheet to compose my feed, then convert it to a .txt file, which I uploaded as jewelrylink.txt. I had mixed success with that approach.

After my chat with Joseph, I decided that problems I seem to have getting approval may be related to tabs dropping out of the tab delimited file when I converted to the .txt file.

I decided to try to upload directly from the Google sheet in order to avoid this possible problem. I followed the instructions at "Submit data feeds via Google sheets", to the best of my inexperienced ability. 

I registered a new feed using title of the Google sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vu8y7x3pQVWxVIj_ntWEbKE93PcAhyHaMbAuHD0jA6U/edit#gid=0) as the source.

I was instructed to click on "Upload Now" but that button did present itself on my feeds sheet. Instead, I clicked on "Fetch Now". This got me to where I am now. I am now on "Paused" status. I don't know what this means. 

In the end, I simply want know how to upload directly from my Google sheet. What is the secret, dear helper?

William in the Wilderness

Thank you

*This post has been edited by a Community Manager to remove any personal identifiable information.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author William W
December 2015

Re: How to upload data feed from Google sheets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Emmanuel: Thank you for the heads up. I was merely trying to be helpful to the forum helpers.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello, please remove your account number, people may use your info to gain access to your account without your approval.

The paused status simply means there is no automated update. To have automated update go to your data feed settings in Google Merchant and click on scheduling. Than assign a monthly, weekly or daily fetch and you will notice that the paused status is gone.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author William W
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Emmanuel: Thank you for the heads up. I was merely trying to be helpful to the forum helpers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Apparently, my scheduling is set in my master account. How do I access that? Or is there a way to override that on a specific account.

Also, my fundamental question is, "What should I indicate is the source for a feed from Google sheets? Is it the browser bar address (or title)?

And what should I do when instructed to click the "update Now" button but there is no such button on the page?

Thanks.

I'm wrestling with Google jargon. Kind of like when the doctor tells you you have normal pressure hydrocephalus and you don't know what that means because you didn't got o med school.

So, I greatly appreciate all the advice and counsel.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Poking around. I found a way to change by schedule.

Progress is in the making. Still hoping someone can confirm the Google sheet address is the correct source for data feeds.

Although it is showing as such in the data feeds. Thank you.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
When connecting a google sheet you should not do it any other way than selecting the option Google Sheets from the option window when choosing your source file. If you think you have to add a URL, than you have done it incorrectly.

Please delete the old data feed, Create a new one, and now choose Google Sheets, you will than be able to connect to your sheets.

If you again need to enter a URL, you are not in the right section. If this does not help you. I highly recommend contacting Google Adwords, as they will be able to assist you.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’