AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to understand what products have been disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

We supply Google with a product feed and Google Merchant Center is saying that a number of products have been disapproved. How can I work out which these products are, to help work out how to fix? (as we've fairly recently made some improvement to our feed) I can't quite work out which products are causing the problem. 

Many thanks,

Lena

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to understand what products have been disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lena L,

Sorry to hear of your feed issues. This is something that happens to many, so rest assured there are reasons and ways to fix and get back streaming. 

There is a diagnostics section that should provide the info you need, since the email can often leave out precise information.

The Diagnostics section is located under Products in your Merchant Center account. The Diagnostics that offers consolidated reporting for Google Shopping across your account, feeds, and items. The tab displays all issues that would prevent a product from being eligible to serve on Google Shopping, from account setup to feed processing to data quality and policy violations. With the unified reporting offered in the Diagnostics section, you can gain better insight into the health of your product data so it’s easier to identify and resolve issues.

The tab includes reporting tools such as:

• A historic overview of the status of your items, allowing you to analyze the root cause of past changes in traffic.
  • A downloadable report containing all affected items and the reasons for disapprovals.
  • Traffic and impact metrics to help you identify how many items are currently impacted by specific issues.

Please let us know how this goes and if it solves your needs. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello James

Thank you so much for replying. I can't seem to find 'Diagnostics' within Google Merchant Centre, when I click the Product tab I see a list of products only but no mention of diagnostics. I'm logged in with our admin account. How mysterious!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Google is in the process of changing the UI. If you have a gray menu its the old one, if you have a light black menu its the new UI.

The diagnostics tab is ether located in the left hand menu under diagnostics or under Products > Diagnostics

However to find out individual issues, you need to go to the Products (old UI) or when you have the new UI go to Products > List and click on the individual products to read the violation issue.

Hope it helps
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel

Thank you very much for your reply, but I simply can't see Diagnostics. The URL is https://adwords.google.com/mc/dashboard? (just to make sure I'm in the right place), I've got two tabs 'Dashboard' and 'Products'. 'Dashboard' shows 'Data health' 'Data feeds' and 'Data quality signals' but doesn't mention diagnostics, and doesn't tell me what products are disapproved. 'Products' simply shows a list of products.

It seems like our feed is improving as expected which is great, but a shame to not be able to get it really tip top.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Please do not use Adwords for data feed info, it's limited and does not really help you.

Use Google Merchant Center
https://www.google.com/intl/en/retail/merchant-center/

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’