AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to transition domain from .COM to .NL and maintain shopping ad rank.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently transitioning my .com/nl/ store to a .nl.

I am currently running a Google Shopping campaign and was wondering how I can best go about this transition without ruining / restarting my shopping campaign for the Dutch market.

This is a highly profitable campaign and I would regret having to start from scratch as I believe ad rank plays a part in the performance of this campaign.

Hope someone has had a similar experience and has some good tips.

Thanks in advance.

Levi

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Levi M
August 2016

Re: How to transition domain from .COM to .NL and maintain shopping ad rank.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I recommend changing the verification in Google Merchant and changing the landing page URL at the same time. This is a realistic option.

Prepare the data feed, when you are ready do both (website verification and upload the new data feed) at once.

You will have a potential down time of up to 3 working days and you might loose ranking within Adwords.

Hope it helps
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Levi M
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I recommend changing the verification in Google Merchant and changing the landing page URL at the same time. This is a realistic option.

Prepare the data feed, when you are ready do both (website verification and upload the new data feed) at once.

You will have a potential down time of up to 3 working days and you might loose ranking within Adwords.

Hope it helps
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel,

thank you for your reply! This does sound like a good way to transition. 3 Days down time is doable and I will have to accept the loses.

I am just afraid that any favorable ranking my campaign has developed over time will be reset. I have asked the Google service team about this and non could give me a direct answer.

I guess I will have to just take the leap and hope for the best as it seems this is a pretty grey area.

Thanks again for the help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As far as I know, changing ID's does reset the ranking. However I have not had a customer where they changed domain. So I would not know if changing the link will reset the ranking too.

My suggestion is, if you need to change the domain, than just go for it. And you should see improvements within 14 days and maybe back to normal between 14 and 30 days. But i'm hoping for you it's not going to take effect.

I would like to know the results when you have done this. I like to learn new things Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah I have had experience with changing the ID's. This did indeed reset the rankings hence my fear for changing the URL's.

I will be changing them shortly and will give you an update on the results.

Sharing is caring as they say. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers.