AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to submit the rest of variants from shopify to google merchant center?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sell cloth and I have multiple variations of each Item. when submitting through google shopping app on shopify, it is only submitting one variation (the first) only. I have tried to upload different picture for each variation and resubmitting but still no luck. 

Is there anyway around this? I know this is not a shopify forum but maybe someone knows how to solve this problem.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tarek D
October

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The other option is to create a manual feed, and that can be done with Google Sheets
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2364758

It is certainly not as easy as the plugin - everything has to be manually entered (or exported from your site somehow and reformatted).

And, every time the price or availability (or anything really) of your products changes, the feed has to be updated - manually.

Keep in mind that 50% of people who buy a product after visiting Google Shopping, do not buy the product of the listing they clicked on. So not having every variant might not be a big problem. People might presume that if the general product and price is what they are after, they can click through and browse your site for exactly what they are after.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tarek,

The official answer:

Why aren't my product variants being published?

Google Merchant Center requires certain criteria for each of your product variants to list on Google Shopping.

Your product variants might not list on Google Shopping if:

• The product has one or more variants that have different Prices.
  • The product has one or more variants that have different ColorsPatterns, or Materials.
  • Variants do not have unique images.

Google Shopping requires that product variants have unique landing pages and unique images. Shopify's Google Shopping app will try to publish each product variant that has a unique image, so make sure that each of your product variants' images conform to Google Shopping's requirements. If you try to publish images that don't conform to Google Shopping's requirements, then you risk suspension from your Google account.

https://help.shopify.com/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/google-shopping/faq#why-arent-my-product-varian...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read this and second part applies to me which is :

• The product has one or more variants that have different ColorsPatterns, or Materials.

Now my question is, since I can't upload the variants all at once through the app, how do I upload the rest of the variants that did get published? is there a way to do this manually?

Thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tarek D
October

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The other option is to create a manual feed, and that can be done with Google Sheets
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2364758

It is certainly not as easy as the plugin - everything has to be manually entered (or exported from your site somehow and reformatted).

And, every time the price or availability (or anything really) of your products changes, the feed has to be updated - manually.

Keep in mind that 50% of people who buy a product after visiting Google Shopping, do not buy the product of the listing they clicked on. So not having every variant might not be a big problem. People might presume that if the general product and price is what they are after, they can click through and browse your site for exactly what they are after.