AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to see which producs had clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, is there an 'easy' way to see which products had clicks? It is showing I had a couple of clicks but not a clue which one and I believe there has to be an easier way than going in merchant to each product checking if it had a click or not.. Thank you for your comments.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to see which producs had clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Mary D,

The easiest way is to link your Adwords and Analytics accounts (assuming you use Google Analytics).
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

When this is done and the campaign is properly tagged, you will be able to see on which products landing pages were clicked under:

Acquisition - Adwords - Final URLs

Please note that you won't be able to see historical clicks but only from the moment that you linked the accounts.

I hope it helped.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Mary D what is the structure of your Campaign in AdWords?  It's usually a good idea to expand Product Groups out to their individual Item Ids, you'll then be able to see individual stats for each product in AdWords.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do have an account in google analytics and it is linked to the website but not linked to the adwords account. I will check the link, thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, well... structure? I can not say, I am very new, learning on the way.. I have all the products in the same group by now, I have to look more on this. So I just filter by individual item ID ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Mary,

There may be a quick way for you review the click counts of your products, provided they are all within the same ad group in your shopping campaign. If you created multiple ad groups this will be a tedious process.

To start, click the tab "product groups" then click "all products" listed in the column "product group". This will take you to a view at the ad group level in your shopping campaign. Next, click the tab "products" and it will list all products housed in that ad group for advertising. If they are all in one ad group, voila you have all your products listed, which can be filtered by click counts if you wish.

However, if there are multiple ad groups, you'll have to do this one ad group at a time to review the click counts.

If this helps, please select best answer in this thread.

Thanks!

Nick