AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to publish a product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Keep getting error messages when I try to publish products to google shopping. Says GTIN not valid and I'll need an MPN or variant barcode. I added a barcode app and assigned them to my products but still no dice. Can someone please explain how to use this in simple terms us non technologically savvy folks can comprehend so I can publish products? I'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to publish a product

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Breeze,
You can upload shopping feed without GTIN if you don't have valid GTIN/UPC/MPN.

simply submit an identifier_exists attribute with a value of FALSE for all such items. then, do no submit any gtin, mpn, or brand

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello Breeze,

When a manufacturer has assigned a GTIN, ie a bar code than you as a merchant need to assign a valid bar code number from the product. Alongside this the Brand value must be added too.
If an MPN identifier is available this must also be added.

I would only recommend adding identifier exists to false if the manufacturer has not added a bar code. If you set this to false while the manufacturer has a bard code than you are in violation. As per Google's Policy.

As to why you get an issue, I'm not sure. I recommend checking the value of the GTIN if it is correct in the data feed. Even when you use a bar code scanner, it might be incorrect.
Also check that identifier exists is removed from the data feed, when adding a GTIN value.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thank you for your reply.