AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to get "reapproved" status cleared

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google's Merchant Center diagnostics page shows a lot of my products in the list of "automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation". There's 461 in this category. I've had Google manually check these products and it looks like they've all been reapproved ... which is great ... but the reports makes it difficult, if not impossible, to determine whether or not there really are items in here that need to be addressed.

Again, the diagnostics page says there are 461 "affected items" (boo) but when you click on the number "461" to see which products are affected, it shows the first 50 products ... and those products are "reapproved" (yay). But what about the other 311 products. Can I see if any are still disapproved? I can't move past the first 50 to check on the other products. If I download the full report it only lists those products as "Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation" ... it doesn't include the status in the download report.

My only other option is to download the report and then go to "Products -> List" ... and cut-n-paste each Item ID into the search field to check and see if it's got the green check-mark for Shopping. There's got to be a better way.

Personally, I'd prefer Google to just take the products off the "Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation" list ... period ... don't show me they've been reapproved ... just show me the products I need to take action on. No news is good news.

2016-10-17_11-35-19.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Diagnostics report takes up to 30 days to update due to not every page being crawled.

All products disapproved or approved are listed in products > list

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The products > list page shows inactive products but it does not show "Automatic item disapproval due to policy violation". It simply shows ALL inactive products. I have some products that our inactive due to small images and missing UPC numbers ... I'm working on those. But ... there is not a way to get a simple report of items that are inactive based on policy violation. Yes, I could go down the list of 700 inactive products and click on each one looking for any that may fall into this category ... but I would think this information would be available without that much work.

"Diagnostics report takes up to 30 days to update due to not every page being crawled." ... Almost all of my "reapprovals" were finished months ago and every product I checked appeared to have been crawled in the last 3 weeks. I'm guessing products that were requested for manual approval, will always have a status of "reapproved". 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are correct, there is no way to get a report like that.

Not sure about your diagnostics question, there is no info about how or when this is updated. So I'm only able to explain what I have experienced.

Alternatively contact Google Adwords for further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’