AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to get more out of a Successful Google Shopping campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a few google shopping campaigns that are doing really great for me and I want to maximize them. Looking at the Auction insights report, I'm ranking 1st or 2nd in impression share among competition. In most cases, I'm below the benchmark CPC but way above the benchmark CTR and Google Shopping isn't suggesting I raise my budget, it just has the "Eligible" status. In one example, my impression share is 43.14%. How do I raise this? Would adding more overall budget do anything, if google is not suggesting I need more budget? Would raising my CPC do anything if I'm already performing better with a lower CPC than the benchmark? Help please.

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You can raise the CPC as long as you get more impressions from when it was a lower CPC.

For example if you bid $0.50 and you get 1000 impressions. Than the next week you increase the bid to $0.60 and you get 1500 impressions, you are than still bidding correctly.

However if you bid $0.60 and you don't get any extra impressions. Than you need to lower it again.

Google Shopping has a very quick peak in bidding but than plateaus. Which means you can bid $20 on a click, nothing much will come out of it.

So a perfect bid can be accomplished as long as the impressions are higher than from when you increased it.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the info. And regarding the overall budget, is it similar as well? Will raising it do anything if I'm not suggested to do so?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Raising the budget as long as you are happy to do so has no negative effect. Raising the budget will provide you with more traffic.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’