AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to fix/edit feed "Missing Tax Information" ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Magento site that is connected to my merchant center in google. The error I'm getting is Missing Tax information. I"m assuming this is the 'tax' attribute. I have made sure to set my tax settings in my merchant center as I do not charge tax for ANY products. So my tax should be a flat 0 across all my items. How can I edit my feed that is already uploaded in my merchant center to correct the "missing tax information". I do not charge tax for any items.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no need to do that, when the tax information is added in Google Merchant it will cover all data feeds submitted.

Remember that in the diagnostics tab information will linger around for up to 30 days, regardless if you have fixed the issue or not.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Emmanuel F Thank you very much for the reply.

It's been about 30 hours since I've submitted my feed, the only think besides the TAX information missing that I set in google merchant settings is the wait 3 days for images to be crawled...

When do you think I can expect my products to go live once the image crawling is completed?

How can I check when they are officially LIVE ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Once the images are crawled and the products are approved they are eligible for appearing in paid ads.

To check if they are approved, go to Google Merchant > Products > Lists

Ensure your Google Adwords campaign is setup

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

In Adwords you can than click on the products tab and you will see all the eligible products listed.

Hope it helps

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Emmanuel!

I have same problem, all of my product still pending and error Smiley Sad "Missing tax information"=> does it affect on my account (like as suspendSmiley Sad) Smiley Sad(

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This should not trigger a suspension.

If your advertising in the US, you need to ether add the tax details in the data feed : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324454?hl=en&ref_topic=6324338

Or in the account itself under the tab Tax

Once you have added the tax info, wait 15 minutes before you re-fetch the data feed. It should than process your products.

If you continue to have issues after checking the above, contact Google directly in Google Merchant > top right > help

For future reference, please create a new thread, as each merchant might have the same topic issue, the answers will be different. This to help you at a more efficient way.

Hope it helps.