AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to enter condition status on variants of a product from Shopify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few products that have variants such as size or color. When they are imported into the Merchant Center I get errors saying that some of the variants Condition parameter is missing. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan K
5d

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Google Merchant Center diagnostics panel is a historic list of issues which lists issues from the past 30 days. Which are detected at random throughout the days, weeks, months. Not all pages are crawled by Google every day. It is designed for you to use a reference only. So if you have 1 specific error or warning, you might have it on all products. It just means Google has not detected it yet due to not being crawled yet. Your task, is to make sure each product landing page has the structured data.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You will need to add structured data to your product landing page. You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6183460?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

I have this line in my product page:  "itemCondition" : "https://schema.org/NewCondition",

I'm new to this and I have read other similar posts but it seems that they have ignored the problem. Is my ad still going to run?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, your ads will continue to run. It is best to resolve all issues especially the errors and disapprovals. The warnings when resolve will improve your data feed quality.

The code you have is if you add it to an existing JSON-LD script. First you need to identify if your current structured data is JSON-LD or Microdata, then add the appropriate code.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is JSON-LD script  

<script type="application/ld+json">

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This doesn't happen to all of the products just certain ones and I don't know why it doesn't happen to all of the products.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan K
5d

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Google Merchant Center diagnostics panel is a historic list of issues which lists issues from the past 30 days. Which are detected at random throughout the days, weeks, months. Not all pages are crawled by Google every day. It is designed for you to use a reference only. So if you have 1 specific error or warning, you might have it on all products. It just means Google has not detected it yet due to not being crawled yet. Your task, is to make sure each product landing page has the structured data.

Hope it helps.