AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to ensure Google Merchant account is set up for the right country

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a Google Merchant account to use in Germany. I thought I clicked Germany as my country of location during the sign up phase, but I can only see menus regarding the US or Australia in my new account. Did I do something wrong? How do I get this new account to be set up for use in Germany? Do I need to ask Google to do that if I made a mistake?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Patrick

A merchant center is able to service multiple territories. In order to add Germany - just reach out to Google.

As an aside you can only have one merchant center per website. This merchant center can service multiple feeds (defaults at 20) so territories, subject o Goolge policy's  

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

You can setup a data feed for Germany.

However if you created the account outside of Germany than your account settings and language will be different. I don't think you can change this. You will need to close down the account and create a new one in Germany.

Hope ti helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your prompt response.