AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to define an Ingredient in Data Feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have a shopping selling Vitamins and Supplements and have noticed that the results can be narrowed down by ingredient.  How are these ingredients determined in regards to the data feed (or original product page)?  

A vitamin from our store called "blue ingredient" is returned at the top for the search for "blue ingredient" but if I use the checkbox in the sidebar to select the Ingredient "blue widget" my product is no longer returned.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to define an Ingredient in Data Feed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I remember, there isn't any specific detail around ingredient as you said. Can you share a screenshot with the Community if this is something you are seeing in Google results.

Here are the list of attributes (mandatory plus recommended) which the advertisers can use while building the data feed for their products. It is for US and you can change that depending upon the country you are targeting:- https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I remember, there isn't any specific detail around ingredient as you said. Can you share a screenshot with the Community if this is something you are seeing in Google results.

Here are the list of attributes (mandatory plus recommended) which the advertisers can use while building the data feed for their products. It is for US and you can change that depending upon the country you are targeting:- https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Troy S

Depending on where you are seeing this, this could be, and what I believe is simply Google adding/testing some new features. Just as with the compare feature, where your item will be placed along side others within a grouped listing, Google may be using details from the item using GTIN etc.. 

However, this may also be due to listings including this within their description, however, I cannot offer an official response on this. 

I would suggest, as @pankaj1782 has referenced, you take a look at the specifications and ensure you are including all attributes and utilizing them to their fullest. 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is one example where ingredients and other properties are being shown.  I'm not sure how I define these properties - is it using product_type?

I'm happy with everything else in my feed - defining what I think is correct.  The Product Category is Health & Beauty > Health Care > Fitness & Nutrition > Vitamins & Supplements with no subcategories under that.

This is for US searches.

Thanks for the response!

googleshopping.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah that's possible! My product is its own brand so has no associated MPN/UPC so maybe that data is coming from an external source..