AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to check keywords on which PLA ads is displaying for the campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently ran a Google shopping campaign. I just wanted to check the keywords on which my ad is appearing. I have tried various keywords search manually but couldn't find my product ad in Google. Some of the products has got clicks.Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to check keywords on which PLA ads is displaying for the campa

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tarundeep S

To view such information, please firstly login to your AdWords account. Select your Shopping Campaign from the left hand menu. Next, select the dimensions tab, found on the upper menu bar.

You will then see a drop down box, View: Day 

By pressing this, you will be shown a variety of options that can be displayed, however, you are looking for Search Terms. 

You can then filter this to the date etc, you wish from the upper right hand date range.

I have included a screenshot for guidance.

Capture.PNG

It is also important to recognise you should not look for your own add by using search terms, as this is no guarantee your ad's are running or will be displayed for the particular search term you choose to use. 

Not only does searching for your own listings increase performance and provides a reduced CPC within your statistics, but it can lead to the relevancy of your ad being reduced due to lack of clicks by you. 

Your ad's can also stop showing for you personally, if they have done so in the past and proved failed to provide a response from you.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to check keywords on which PLA ads is displaying for the campa

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tarundeep S

To view such information, please firstly login to your AdWords account. Select your Shopping Campaign from the left hand menu. Next, select the dimensions tab, found on the upper menu bar.

You will then see a drop down box, View: Day 

By pressing this, you will be shown a variety of options that can be displayed, however, you are looking for Search Terms. 

You can then filter this to the date etc, you wish from the upper right hand date range.

I have included a screenshot for guidance.

Capture.PNG

It is also important to recognise you should not look for your own add by using search terms, as this is no guarantee your ad's are running or will be displayed for the particular search term you choose to use. 

Not only does searching for your own listings increase performance and provides a reduced CPC within your statistics, but it can lead to the relevancy of your ad being reduced due to lack of clicks by you. 

Your ad's can also stop showing for you personally, if they have done so in the past and proved failed to provide a response from you.

Tom