AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to best create new shopping ad groups if it is currently all one ad group with all products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For quite a while, we've had one Google Shopping Ad Group with the products grouped by brand.  Now, I would like to create separate ad groups for each brand.  

When I create a new ad group for "Brand A", how can I get rid of that brand in the original single ad group?

Or should I leave it there and just set the bid to .01 in the old, overall group and set the higher, say $1.00, bid in the new "Brand A" ad group?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to best create new shopping ad groups if it is currently all one ad group with all products

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Marian,

If you are creating a separate ad group for each brand couldn't you just pause the original ad group once complete? Also, if you are going with this strategy ensure that you still have an "Everything Else" product group with a low bid in case new brands come into the product feed.

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: How to best create new shopping ad groups if it is currently all one ad group with all products

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
If you are creating multiple ad groups for each brand, when you choose the brand ensure you have excluded the other brands within the same ad group. Otherwise you will still be bidding for other brands in all other ad groups.

Bidding low on Everything Else is generally a bad idea as you might have excluded a keyword from one ad group but not the other and end up still paying for it when you bid low.

So for each ad group brand you create ensure the first level everything else is excluded.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’