AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to associate specific products with a given Ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

in 2015 I created my shopping ads for two products.   Each had its own ad group.   Today I checked on this and now both ad groups have both products.  They are no longer separate.

I need to have completely separate shopping ads for these two products.   The ads are in a Google Sheets spreadsheet and are pulled in via Merchant center.  

What is the correct approach and structure?   Should I have two Shopping campaigns, or one shopping campaign and two Product groups?   How do I selectively add only one product to each?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve T
1 month ago

Re: How to associate specific products with a given Ad group

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here is an image, hope this helps.

2018-07-11_11-00-42.jpg

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go to your ad group, click on product groups, then click on the edit button next to all products, and choose item id as the subdivision. Then add the one you want and exclude everything else.

More info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275317

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click the Edit Tab, I only see "Change Max CPC bid..." and "Exclude".

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve T
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here is an image, hope this helps.

2018-07-11_11-00-42.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, that little pencil is not visible unless you happen to hover over the row.

I click on the pencil and then it still was not obvious.  But then I noticed at the top of the table that appears is a pull-down labeled "Subdivide All products by:"

Selecting to Subdivide All products by "custom_id_0", then reveals the custom_id_0 selections.  Then you can bid on the custom_id_0 products.   I was wanting to select a given product for the product group.   Are you saying that to select one product and not another, you bid on one and not the others?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you one to bid for just 1 product, consider using item id, then choose the 1 product, then as shown in my image choose to exclude everything else in all products. You can also choose custom labels, whichever option achieves your goals. However if you just have two products, then simply choose item id.

Hope this helps.