AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How to add quotes in the Product Title and Description

N/A
# 1
N/A

We sell an item that is typically named 12" Product Name, 9" etc. 10" etc. The issue is that in the PLA feed, it does not easily accept the " " marks on the size of the balloon, and we have to write it as "inch" which hurts our results because people type it with quotes "". How do we write it with quotes in the PLA feed so that it accepts it? Right now, it gets confused and starts adding // next to the word in place of the quotes "". Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to add quotes in the Product Title and Description

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, I believe this is the answer you're looking for:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160037?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

N/A
# 3
N/A
Hi Jon, thanks for the reply. I followed that, and am writing the titles like - "Jumbo 9"" Balloons" and it is literally displaying exactly like that with 4 quote marks which is not what we want. What we need is to just say Jumbo 9" Balloons.

Have they updated their feeds now so we don't have to write basically 4 quote marks, and just do the one?

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, this might not be something that you're looking for but how about using 2 apostrophes ('') instead of quote marks (")?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi  did you check the box marked "Use Quoted Fields"?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

The first question I would have is, how are you submitting the data feed.

For example if it's using an XML data feed, than make sure it is UTF-8. I recommend escaping it using CDATA

<![CDATA[
My title's balloons 9"
]]>

I recommend using straight double quotes if that is not already done.

If it is using Google Spreadsheet or you have uploaded a csv file, than simply change it to straight double quotes if that is not already done.

Alternative supply a sample data set so we can see how you are submitting the data for further investigation.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’