AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How does google select product listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question about product listings on google. My company uses a variety of different ads. How does google choose which ads (and pictures) get placed on the product listings? 

Thanks,

Scott

Re: How does google select product listings?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Scott

Product Listing Ad's are feed based listings. The ad's are shown dependent on bid and feed relevance to the search term used. What do you mean when you say you use a variety or different ad's?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding. My company has about 30 Product Listing Ads that we pay a fee for. When I search in google for a term that brings up my company in the Product Listings it shows ads that may not be the most effective in bringing in customers. Is there a way to select which of my ads show up more often than others, and is there a way to modify what those ads look like (the pictures and text)?

Scott
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott L
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Ah, Thanks for the clarification Scott. You're welcome. Just hope I can help you.

Ok, short answer, not really.

Longer answer, as it is bid and relevance based your items are only as strong as the data quality of your feed. The images you supply in your feed are used along with your listing in most cases, although this can be different if your listing is placed alongside others in what can be referred to as the compare prices or for instance, "16 sellers" on a drop down box along with the item listing.

You can select groups of products (targets) and set their bids higher than alternative groups, however, relevance would need to be a strong part still as a poor relevance can provide no results regardless of bid amount.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tom that was very helpful!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Not a problem Scott, if you have any questions in the future please be sure to come back

All the best