AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How does Google choose KW for Shoppong campaings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone! 

I have rather easy question, but I can't find structured and wide answer anywhere.

How does Google choose KW/Search terms for Shopping campaigns? How Google spots that KW is relevant to the Shopping Ad?

How can I widen amount of keywords for my campaign? Working with data feed? But what attribute is responsive for Search term - tittle? Description? No one? Website information?

And one more... 

Mu client are selling a car parts, and i see, that Shopping Ads are showing for generic search terms (for example, discs brakes) and for specific search terms (for example, MAPCO 103319 Brake Disc).

How system decides, what product need to be shown for search term "discs brakes"? 
Generally, in this situation, is it good practice to show Ads for generic search terms? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How does Google choose KW for Shoppong campaings?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) It's based on your title and product identifiers

2) By adding relevant keywords in your title, however, make sure it perfectly describes the product as otherwise, it is a violation. You can read more here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324415

The description may also contribute towards search terms but will have a much lower weight

3) This will be based on your title, product identifier and slightly on the description

4) If generic search terms is profitable for you, yes its good, else exclude the search term in Adwords

Hope this helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’