AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How do I see the keywords used to trigger a PLA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Analytics under AdWords->Shopping Campaigns, I can drill down through categories to the product level, but where do I see which keywords triggered the ad? Or where in AdWords can I see which keywords are being searched on to trigger ads?

Also, can I make Analytics show the item name instead of the ID, which would be infinitely more useful?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I see the keywords used to trigger a PLA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick R,

Firstly you can check the keywords directly in Adwords Interface under Keywords Tab.

In Google Analytics you can browse to Acquisition > Adwords > Keywords or Search Queries. Here you will find all the keywords from all sources. Then you can add a secondary dimension for “Ad Group” to view a list of search queries by ad group as the report will initially contain all ad groups and matched search queries (and not just queries for your PLAs).

I am not sure if we can show the item name instead of the item ID.

Regards,
Ashish

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.