AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How do I exclude large areas for shipping in Google Merchant Center?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This company has a number of physical locations it ships from, and it only ships within a 30 mile radius of each location. I'm not sure how to set up GMC shipping settings to reflect that. I see the option to select "no shipping", but specifying every zip code the stores don't ship to would be extremely tedious.

What's the best way to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kerri,

To answer your question, can you help me understand your business a little better? Does the company running shopping ads only sell products to people within 30 miles of each physical location, or is it still possible to purchase the product if you aren't in that radius? And is there a reason you want to advertise to people outside of the shipping radius?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, they only sell products online to people within 30 miles of each physical location. There are around 55 physical stores.

Re: How do I exclude large areas for shipping in Google Merchant Center?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

OK, then instead of changing the shipping settings in Google Merchant Center I would recommend changing the location targeting settings in AdWords. This is because you don't want the ads to generate traffic (and costs) to people who are outside of the eligible shipping radius.

The easiest way to do this would be to link your AdWords account to Google My Business so that the 55 physical store addresses are pulled into AdWords (Google's instructions here). Now you need to update the location targeting settings in AdWords. Within each campaign navigate to Settings > Locations and click the red button that says "+ LOCATIONS". Now click Advanced Search > Location Groups > Choose Location Group Type=My Locations. Change the radius to 30 miles and click "ADD". Save this and then remove all other location targets, such as the entire United States. Also, make sure that the main campaign settings for "Location options (advanced) > Target" is set to "People in my targeted location".

Here is an article that explains the last paragraph more eloquently: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2914785?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.