AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How can I make the "Free Shipping" checkbox on Google Shopping search results actually work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, if I do a search for a product, which has matches from multiple stores, I can click the "Compare prices from 5+ stores" link which takes me to a page which lists all the sellers. At the top of the list of sellers are some checkboxes, "Free Shipping" and "Refurbished/Used". The "Refurbished/Used" button works, but the "Free Shipping" does not. When clicked it always shows "No matching stores". In my Merchant Center, the data properly shows $0 USD for shipping for qualifying items, but this does not seem to be reflected in the search results. In fact searching around I can not find any search results where "Free Shipping" does not return "No matching stores". Does this simply just not work or are merchants doing something wrong? This is on a desktop/laptop by the way, the mobile version does not appear to have those checkboxes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter S
October 2016

How can I make the "Free Shipping" checkbox on Google Shopping search results actually work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After trying to figure this out for a week, I found the solution, so I will post it here in the event someone else has the same issue.  It turns out that when I searched Google.com for products Google was geo-locating me outside of the USA, when I fixed that the free shipping notices worked properly.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter S
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After trying to figure this out for a week, I found the solution, so I will post it here in the event someone else has the same issue.  It turns out that when I searched Google.com for products Google was geo-locating me outside of the USA, when I fixed that the free shipping notices worked properly.