AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

How can I have multiple products show up in search results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The competition seems to be doing it and no matter what I've tried I can't seem to have more than one product show up. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bas v
September 2015

Re: How can I have multiple products show up in search results?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Bas

In Google shopping, results are based on two key elements, data quality and bid.

What is shown in results will always be somewhat of a mystery as noone is truly aware of the "behind the scenes" workings to display items. 

That being said, it may be that your competitor(s) have a higher relevancy in more than one item than you do, it may be that their bids are higher. Just because you list the same items as a competitor, your data quality may differ greatly. 

You must also be aware that searching for your own items, may be display different results to another user, it is important not to carry out searches for your own items, as failure to click through to your product could reduce its relevancy to searches and in turn reduce the frequency shown. 

Improving the quality or your data, including all relevant information within available attributes would be my suggestion. A strong feed, is always my first step in getting good results.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bas

are you talking about organic search or paid search?

If paid search please elaborate your question, what exactly you meant by you can have multiple products in search results? Are you advertising multiple products but only one product comes up in the search results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm talking about Google Shopping results specifically.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bas v
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Bas

In Google shopping, results are based on two key elements, data quality and bid.

What is shown in results will always be somewhat of a mystery as noone is truly aware of the "behind the scenes" workings to display items. 

That being said, it may be that your competitor(s) have a higher relevancy in more than one item than you do, it may be that their bids are higher. Just because you list the same items as a competitor, your data quality may differ greatly. 

You must also be aware that searching for your own items, may be display different results to another user, it is important not to carry out searches for your own items, as failure to click through to your product could reduce its relevancy to searches and in turn reduce the frequency shown. 

Improving the quality or your data, including all relevant information within available attributes would be my suggestion. A strong feed, is always my first step in getting good results.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.