AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Historical PLA Feed Still Showing in Adwords Although The App Has Been Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We historically used a shopify google shopping app to run PLA, it was successful but had limited optimisation function. A couple of months ago we decided to introduce a new partner for our feed. When we first deleted the app we lost all of our rankings and the new feed was too slow to catch up, so we re-introduced the old app.

Now we have deleted the existing app, BUT in adwords I can still see the old shopping ids and the new ones from the feed.

Has anyone experienced this? I have been passed from adwords to shopify and back about it. I don't know how to remove the old feed as it was all run through the app.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes that is possible, as the products need to expire. Normally they expire after a month, when the feed is deleted it can take up to 2 weeks for them to disappear. It's generally a bad habit to migrate to different feeds, especially when you are not using the same product ID's. Hench why your ranking data is removed.

My tip for the future is to always migrate with the same product id's, this will avoid any issues. You will find that the majority of the elite application can migrate keeping all historic data.

To solve your current issue, I have one suggestion, which is to manually delete the duplicated products in Google Merchant under Products > List

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Historical PLA Feed Still Showing in Adwords Although The App Has Been Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel. The thing is I don't think we could have identical ids at the shopify app ones were generated through the app and the other feed is the sku number.

I don't see duplicates under 'products' 'list' of our styles?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If there are no duplicates listed, than you are ok. You might be seeing the item id added. So when you create an ad group and you subdivide the group down into item id's. The item id's will always stay regardless if they exist or not. You need to click on the parent group and than remove all the item is's and add them back in. Than only active item id's will be added.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Historical PLA Feed Still Showing in Adwords Although The App Has Been Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel, 

Thank you I will have a look. Do you offer any service to check the PLA set up?

Thanks,

Alice