AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! I've setup Google Shopping but seems to barely get traffic?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For my Adword keywords, I get thousands of impressions everyday.  But for Google Shopping, it only shows less then 100 impressions a day.  Any idea what Im doing wrong? Appreciate any help! Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philip L
September 2015

Re: HELP! I've setup Google Shopping but seems to barely get traffic?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Philip,

Have you tried raising your bids for the Shopping campaigns?

Other than this, your ads showing up on the SERP is purely a function of how good your feed is prepared. If you use the right keywords and messaging in the product feed, it would map the same to the relevant query and show your product.

I highly recommend that you revise/update or rework your product feed to include more relevant content and keywords. Here are some good articles on this:

http://cpcstrategy.com/product-listing-ads/shopping-feed-tips/

http://searchengineland.com/google-issues-best-practices-shopping-campaigns-194685

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Philip,

Glad I could help out.

Do keep testing the feeds to see which one performs the best for you. Product feeds are much like Ad copies, you need to keep them optimized and try different messaging (or keywords) to identify the winning combination for each product.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Philip,

Have you tried raising your bids for the Shopping campaigns?

Other than this, your ads showing up on the SERP is purely a function of how good your feed is prepared. If you use the right keywords and messaging in the product feed, it would map the same to the relevant query and show your product.

I highly recommend that you revise/update or rework your product feed to include more relevant content and keywords. Here are some good articles on this:

http://cpcstrategy.com/product-listing-ads/shopping-feed-tips/

http://searchengineland.com/google-issues-best-practices-shopping-campaigns-194685

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for this info, I read both articles. From the sounds of your feedback and the articles, I think my problem is the feedback title and descriptoin. Im starting it off with my brand name instead of the search keywords I want to hit. So Ive instead placed the main keyword in front and my brand name later as it is relatively irrelevant.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Philip,

Glad I could help out.

Do keep testing the feeds to see which one performs the best for you. Product feeds are much like Ad copies, you need to keep them optimized and try different messaging (or keywords) to identify the winning combination for each product.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Great thank you, I hope itll make a big difference as Im only getting like 50 impression a day. Ive called Google to ask why and no one was able to help me funny enough, thanks for your help!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You are welcome Philip!

If there are any other queries on this or any thing related to this, please feel free to reach out to the community.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi so I've put our main keyword as the first words in the title and description and submitted it to go live. It seemed to have helped only slightly, I get about 150 impression a day. Where as in adword keywords for same keyword I get nearly 10k impressions. Do you think Im doing something wrong or is Google shopping just suppose to be this way?

BTW when I google the main keyword, I can always see it pop up in Google shopping on the right. So it seems like its working... I dont know why so few impressions though.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

are all those 10k impressions relevant to your ad-goals?

importantly, for product-listing-ads, all attributes submitted
in the data-feed may be used to assess quality and relevance;
check all attributes against the rules and recommendations --

not just title and description.

images can also affect performance.

generally, product-listing-ads do not use keywords; so, be
certain that any information added, and all information that

currently exists, are both high quality and directly relevant
to the physical item or how the physical item might be used.

the improper use of any attribute can reduce
relevance, quality, and therefore impressions.

depending on the item and seasonal factors
google-shopping can be highly competitive.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks Celebird for the reply, I have relevant title and desc and the keywords in my adwords are all relevant, there are not long tail side searches or window shopper searches etc...

In the excel sheet we have to upload to get google shopping to work, i just basically filled out the minimum on the attributes (like id and answer questions of colmnes) and fill out the title and desc. I am not sure what other attributes I should focus on to try to help increase impressions, 150 total is extrmeley low to the easily tens of thousands we get on almost all of our other keywords in AdWords it seems. Perhaps Google shopping simply works like this?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Hi Philip,

Have you put in a good description of your products in the Description section? The only way you can ensure that your products are being mapped to the correct and for all your relevant queries is make sure that your product descriptions sections are filled with as much relevant content as possible.

If I am not mistaken, the character limit for the description for a product is 5000 characters. You need to make sure you use this character limit to the max and to its max potential.

I recommend that you put in all the converting & relevant keywords related to your product and try and put them into sentences (which is also a recommendation from Google as a best practice). Long relevant sentences with a good set of keywords will help you maximize your visibility & reach.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,