AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Group ID attribution in Google shopping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

I was taking a look at this Atirbution Models page (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715?authuser=1 ), and I was wondering how are the conversion attributed when we look at it from a product group perspective on Shopping Campaigns. The product group that gets the click also gets the credit for the conversion, right? It doesn't matter if the product that was actually bought belogs to that product category?

Thanks,

Henrique

1 Expert replyverified_user

Group ID attribution in Google shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The conversion is triggered on the last clicked ad, search term or shopping product.

Indeed if a customer clicks on a blue shoe ad, than buys an orange jacket. The blue shoe ad is the last registered ad click and will be counted towards the conversion. However the conversion value will be from the one that is registered in the checkout final page (ie : where the conversion tracking is installed)

I'm glad you have already figured this out. So what you say is correct.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’