AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Grace period ending for Google product ratings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to all,

I got message from Google (Mentioned at Last). I am confused with this mail. I have hired an PPC expert who is managing my stuffs. When I checked reviews appearing in my ads.

What google want to tell me? Hows ratings being sent over to Google? Need to change in website or in Adwords?

Dear Product Listing Ads Advertiser,

Starting October 23, 2014 we will begin to only show product ratings on Product Listing Ads for merchants that send us all of their product reviews either directly or through an approved third party aggregator. Since the launch of product ratings in late July, we've received a lot of interest from advertisers who want to continue showing ratings in the form of stars and review counts on their Product Listing Ads. As a reminder, product ratings are one of several extensions we may show with Product Listing Ads, so just because a product has reviews does not mean that we'll always show ratings; however, to continue to be eligible to show product ratings on your Product Listing Ads, please follow the instructions below.

Sending your reviews feed

First, if you have not yet expressed interest in sending us your product reviews, please complete our product ratings interest form. If you've already completed this form, you should have received an email from shopping-ads-reviews@google.com with instructions on how to submit your feed. This email contains all of the information you need in order to show product ratings on your Product Listing Ads before the holiday season.

If you've completed the product ratings interest form and stated that you work with an approved aggregator, our onboarding team has contacted your approved aggregator to request your feed.

There is no deadline to participate in product ratings. You can still submit your product feeds after the grace period ends. Please just note that we recommend submitting your review feeds before October to increase your changes of showing product ratings in time for the holiday season.

To learn more about product ratings on Product Listing Ads, please visit our AdWords Help Center.
Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Grace period ending for Google product ratings

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

(1) do nothing unless you wish to show product-ratings;

(2) if you wish to show product-ratings --
(a) ratings (review) data must be sent directly by you or via an approved third-party;
(b) if an approved third-party is being used, then nothing changes; otherwise,
a google-specilist must be contacted to determine what needs to change.

details are currently here --
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6059553

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks celebird for the answer. I want to show product rating with ads also.

Shall i need to go via only https://services.google.com/fb/forms/productratingsoptout/?
Or I need to do something else.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
first, you're welcome.

no -- that is the opt-out form -- if you don't want product-ratings.

if you want product-ratings the choices are:
either (a) sign-up with an authorized third-party ratings-service;
or (b) contact google using the sign-up forms on this page:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6059553