AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping campaign and eBay store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there 

I am part of a company that sells items on a website, we also have a store on eBay. We would like to start a Google shopping campaign and have everything in place. Everything that is for sale on our website is also for sale on our eBay store. I understand that products will already be advertised on Google shopping via eBay. I would like an answer to the question, is running a Google shopping campaign worth it, if potentially all of our products are already advertised via eBay? Would factors such as CPC come into play? (would our website products appear higher in a search is the CPC was higher?)

Thank you in advance 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google shopping campaign and eBay store

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the products are already appearing in Shopping, you shouldn't advertise them yourself. While it is commonplace and not specifically outlawed by Google, and I haven't seen anyone suspended for it yet, the risk of permanent suspension from AdWords is real. 

trying to show more than one ad at a time for your business, app or site

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en-AU