AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping - Few products with same name but different prices

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
i have few products with same name, i want to add them to my shopping ads on Merchant Center.
But i dont want to add them as product, i Do not want to add them as a single product Individually
I want to create a category, or group of products that will include all products with the same product name

The problem is that each product has a different price and different  picture,

Is it possible to add a category and not only single product?

And put a link directly to the category

How can i do it?
Thanks a lot!

*sorry about my english

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no such thing as grouped products if they are variants of each other, meaning a different color or size, etc... you need to submit them as unique products and add an item group id that is the same for all variants alike.

Then submit at least 1 variant value, such as size, color, material, pattern etc... for each variant. Make sure that if 1 variant is submitted all other variants have the same variant attribute added. Meaning if you add a color to 1 product, add them to all variants. Not just one.

Google has no concept of grouping, it will happen automatically if you add the item group id, and if it fits the search criteria. Although even if you add item group id's with correct variant attributes and product identifiers, it does not guarantee grouped listings. And is based on an algorithm only Google knows.

If the products are not variants, then do not submit item group id's and grouping is simply not possible.

You can read more here:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324507

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My meaning Is for example I have tag that contains several similar products.

I want to include all of them under one name, and link directly to the tag's page.
Is it impossible?
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen this kind of ad on Google

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can only list 1 unique product, a similar product is still a unique product. So what you want to do will not work and is not how Google Shopping works.

You can only advertise 1 unique physical in hand items.

If this does not help answer your question, please provide detailed information of your products you want to list and forum members may be able to give you guidance.

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So can I use same name for two products?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There is a policy where two products that are too similar in nature can not be submitted. So no you can not. But as we do not have any product information, the replies are based on the info you supply. So I can not say it is accurate.

I recommend to provide examples such as product links, to have a better idea, so we forum members can give you more accurate information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really appreciate your help, thank you very much