AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google products are for 30 days? If I am manually renewing, is this right? and also........

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I believe Google products in google shopping merchant center is 30 days and are manually or automatically renewed correct?

If I'm doing automatically, I just need to go to my feed and do automatic fetch schedule to monthly right?

If I do it manually, do i click "re-process" feed?

If yes for both, which one is effective as I'm bit worried that if i do automatic, it will do the whole 48-72 hr wait since it might go over 30 days since some months have 31 days

If I do it manually, do I need to check the

"File uploaded on:

Jul 4, 2018 17:05:40"

and count like 28 days before and resubmit (its 30 days but do it like 2 days before).

Anyways hoping to do auto fetch as i forget , just don't want the 48-72 hr wait..

But then again, wondering if items that are renewed are already in system so it won't be that long since it's already in database and just renewed right?

Please let me know gurus... I trust you Smiley Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user

Google products are for 30 days? If I am manually renewing, is this right? and also........

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When you re-fetch the feed there is not a wait period like the first time.

Re-fetch it how it suits you. 

With manual feeds I do the same as you have suggested, set myself a reminder every 28 days.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just what i needed to hear. But seems one of my feed expired and reneweed a day later. guess these are the ones that take 48-72 hrs or still less since its in database.

How come you don't do auto fetch? is it cause of delays? and you want it to do it 2 day earlier? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I use auto when I can. Feeds using Google Sheets can only be re-fetched manually - I was referring to those.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton, Google sheets can be automatically fetched when enabled in the GMC settings. Yes in the past it does not work and maybe sometimes now too, but since half a year or little less, I have not find any auto fetching issues. Just wanted you to know.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thank you Emmanuel,

I hadn't done it since last year, had given someone else the task. Now I know.

Re: Google products are for 30 days? If I am manually renewing, is this right? and also........

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

(1) yes, re-uploads are required every 30-days -- manually or automatically;

(2) no; re-process does not apply and does not count;
either a re-fetch or re-upload is required -- manually or

automatically does not matter.

(3) yes, if there are no changes in the feed, and
the feed is re-uploaded/re-fetched before expiration,
then processing and review are usually quicker.

automatic, scheduled-fetches, are best scheduled weekly -- not monthly.

manual re-fetches are best done directly within the
merchant-center-account -- not within the sheet's
add-on feature, if a google-sheet is used.

scheduled-fetches for google-sheets are no longer an issue --

but if manual-fetches are used, do not use the add-on feature.

(a) the merchant-center feed must be re-fetched/resubmitted every 30-days --
the default expiration by google, for all items submitted, is every 30-days.

(b) re-process has nothing whatever to do with a re-fetch/re-upload --
the re-process option is mainly to re-process the existing data, after
changes to feed-rules and does not count as a re-fetch/resubmit.

re-process is for feed-rules only.

(c) for manual uploads, a best-practice is to re-upload the
feed *at least* 5-days before the feed is scheduled to expire,
to accommodate any delays, re-crawls, re-reviews, housekeeping
tasks by google, mistakes that need correcting, etc., etc. -- so
items are not removed from the listings, if there are any delays.

(d) there is absolutely no way to stop the normal delays by google --
sometimes 24-72 hours or more -- for processing, crawling a site,
checking for any issues, etc.; that is one reason why a best-practice
is to re-upload/re-fetch at least 5-days *before* expiration, to help
prevent shopping-ad outages.

such delays are also why weekly scheduled-fetches are better than monthly.

also, be certain to never change any id values --
a new id value is considered a new item; google
typically takes much longer to review new items.

also, google requires a re-fetch/re-upload immediately after any critical
change on a site, or to physical on-hand inventory, occurs -- in addition
to the normal re-upload/re-fetch, every 30-days.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Google sheets can be fetched manually only? I'm guessing the excel .Csv file that's being uploaded from my PC is same and manual re-fetch too?

It was bit confusing since google sheets setting section still has auto renew but doesnt work?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok thanks for clarifying I was wondering why google sheets had autofetch. But guess it does work.

So autofetch once a month for excel .csv file I have to login to the PC where the file is exactly located right? I have 4 pics and the .csv file is one main login... and guessing dropbox wont work for the auto re fetch do too since password protected. And if file did refetch from my desktop it will have to be a). Logged in GMC and b) PC ois on AMD logged into same user that had the file.

Meanwhile google sheets you just dont have to login gmc or have PC since it's in same network.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

All answers very helpful.  Thank you so much. 

1. You mentioned weekly auto fetch to be 5 days. So during the 5 days will my ads be still up and running and no disrupted? So people can see my items still .(if my data isnt changed).

2. Let say I take all items in disapproved list in google and use formula I'm excel to remove those items and reupload the feed, does this warrant the 48 to 72 hr wait for pruning the disapproved items?