AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google merchant is not updating errors from previous List

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community

I was hoping for some guidance regarding google merchant. I firstly uploaded my products through the upload ftp process through our Volusion store api. Google merchant returned us with the error for missing attribute: colour.

I have since deleted that list and with it the products disappeared. I have fixed the issues on Volusion, making sure to tick the box for "google colour". I have uploaded again the products with the fixed issues but it would appear the exact same error is present and all of the products on the list say disapproved instantaneously whilst before this took a couple of days for this to happen.

My question is, is this because it is the same products being uploaded therefore it has grabbed the previous information and it is now just waiting to update?
Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you are talking about the diagnostics report, than yes this can linger around for up to 30 days even if you have fixed the issue.

Instead look at products > lists, here you can see all the disapproved products and in most cases the reason.

However as you are using an API, volusion should also get a list of errors. I recommend contacting them to see where this is located.

But for Google Merchant try using product > lists

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks for the reply. Even when I look at the products it says disapproved where as last time this took a couple of days propagate. I have fixed the colour attribute error in volusion but it seems the merchant system has instantaneously disapproved them which is what is making question the authenticity of the disapproval?

I have looked in Volusion but there is no error notification system in place.

Many thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I recommend to check if every required attribute has been added and that you have a valid value. Not because you had an issue with the color attribute, means there are other issues.

For example not because you added a color means its correct. A color can only be a color from the color pallet or a gold, silver karet value can also be used.

As we can't see your data, this is going to be a wild goose chase and recommend contacting Adwords for more details.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

To find out more about correct values, please check google's official docs

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

A recent client of mine had a little issue, assumed it was something completly different, all it was that the client did not add was a category. Due to the lack of error reporting in certain areas merchants have a difficult time knowing what to do. But contacting Google might help you.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel. I'll give them a call