AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google merchant feeds and country specs/magento switching issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone with a brain please help me.

I have contacted google support about 5 times on the same issue and NEVER get a straight answer.

I look after several magento stores all with currency and language detection built in, i.e. if you visit the sites from Germany, it will translate to German.

One of my sites had now been rejected for "inappropriate language" this is NEW. And after constant contact with Google..... I give up.

The feed is in english, and i select default currency as Euro, but it stills gets rejected when it uses dynamic translation.

Does anyone know why the google reject this when the landing pages dynamically translate the language? Do i need to convert ALL my store feed to German for Germany? Spanish for Spain etc?

This is VERY VERY frustrating.

Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marco M
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This has always been a policy requirement. A merchant can be caught at any given time.

Global stores sell ether by having multiple stores in the correct language or by using automatic currency conversion within Google Merchant.

Again, if you want to advertise on Google Shopping you must follow there policies. Please ready the previous linked documentation with regards to landing page requirements.

1) you need to disable automatic language / currency conversion and only have a manual system

2) if you want to submit to other countries, ether create a new store with the correct language and currency or use automatic currency conversion.

This is the only correct way to set it up.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Because this is not allowed as per policy. Google requires the landing page to be the same language as the target country regardless of IP or country location. As you have a system in place that automatically changes the language it is the cause of the issue. Therefor remove any auto language and currency modification systems and simply use a manual one, where the user needs to select the language.

You can read more here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

So when you submit English, UK than the landing page currency must be GBP and the language English. And the data feed must be the same.

If you want to target different target countries, you need to submit a new store for the specific language and currency. I know this is not in line with your business model. But if you want to advertise on Google Shopping this is how it needs to work.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

So has this rule changed? This was never an issue before.

How do global store sell to different countries, especially with magento? Magento is built to simply switch language and/or currency WITHOUT having to redirect to a new URL.

Is there NO way around this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marco M
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This has always been a policy requirement. A merchant can be caught at any given time.

Global stores sell ether by having multiple stores in the correct language or by using automatic currency conversion within Google Merchant.

Again, if you want to advertise on Google Shopping you must follow there policies. Please ready the previous linked documentation with regards to landing page requirements.

1) you need to disable automatic language / currency conversion and only have a manual system

2) if you want to submit to other countries, ether create a new store with the correct language and currency or use automatic currency conversion.

This is the only correct way to set it up.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Emmanuel for your clear and concise information.

Google support could have saved me jours of work by telling me what you have jsut told me.

Thnaks again.