AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google merchant disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

hope someone can give me some help here. 

I look after a german e-commerce site where the merchant feed has been disapproved  like 4 months ago already as during  checks google reviewers couldn't make a purchase of one of the product found in the feed. 

the problem is i can't replicate the issue on my end, however:  

1. fix issue with multiple addresses
  2. checked every single method of payment
  3. checked IP switches
  4. I have also excluded products which were tested by Google from the feed
  5. I have checked of log files – no issues found
  6. I have reviewed the case with my payment provider to check if the issue could be on their end – no issues found 

Google reviewers still don't manage to complete a transaction, no matter what payment method they chose or web browser. 

What is the strange thing is that: 

- users do purchase online ( also from the US)  and can also purchase the products google reviewers can't buy 

- I  tested purchasing the same products and it worked for me, i also tested different dummy addresses etc and several method of payments. 

Does anybody here have any clue on what the problem could be? Unfortunately google CS can't help so much as until the reviewers can't buy a product the feed will be in disapproved status 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As this is a peer 2 peer forum we do not have access to your details, please provide links to the website, otherwise it's hard to assist.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure you are not banning IP's or countries.

Not because you are advertising in one country, means you can can block other countries, all countries regardless of where you are needs to be able to access the website.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel 

thanks for your reply, 

here is the site shop.elsevier.de 

i get purchases and traffic from the US ( where the reviewers are based i was told) 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I can't see anything wrong with the checkout.

Google's review team can be from any country in the world, so please make sure all countries can access the website, including India.

I recommend contacting Google Adwords (the same person you have been dealing with) and request info what the issue is.

Also look at all your communications and double check what has been said.

Also check the first email sent 6 months ago as these should all have given information regarding the suspension reason.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Make sure that, if your site allows foreign purchases, that your address forms (billing and delivery) allow for those addresses to be entered.

For example, an American entering a 5 digit zip code without being told it is too few characters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you i ll double-check this 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks i ll doublecheck this too