AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google merchant center product types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have digital services to sell. This means that no product is shipped. Anyone can buy this service online and he/she is entitled to use the service. 

Can I do that through GMC or it is for tangible products only?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google merchant center product types

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christos
Yes, Google allows the promotion of digital goods that do not require additional software in order to be purchased.

It does depend on the digital product being sold and there are restrictions. Please see here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2770285?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave and thanks.
I read that but I do not feel sure that the content in the link answers safely my question. For example: I have a subscription service to sell. This is related to providing tech support. The client purchases this service and is covered for 12 months.
That is all. By reading the Services page I am not sure I get the exact answer on such "product".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From the Service Restrictions, it sounds like you can't advertise tech support subscriptions. It sounds like this would be included in the "Business Services, including locksmith, plumbing and psychic reading services.", which is not allowed.