AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google listing ads worth it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am looking at starting Google listing ads, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback as to how useful or beneficial it is to use and whether it is actually worth while. 

Also when creating the AdWords account does it matter how much I set that budget for as I won't actually be using AdWords? 

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google listing ads worth it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Google AdWords is a trusted advertising platform helping many advertisers reach their goal. Best part is that there is no minimal budget and you can set as low and as high Daily spend you want. Same goes for Average Cost per Click. You can set it manually or use automated bidding where AdWords take care of bidding option for you.

But, the fact is that it requires good amount of knowledge and understanding before you start working on AdWords in terms of functionality, features, advanced metrics etc...

Here's the beginners guide: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/in/adwords/pdf/hc/growing_adwords_en.pdf

Here's one of my favorite article by Jon_Gritton explaining where to start before you begin with AdWords: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Where-to-Start-I-Before-you-begin-with-AdWords...

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sheryl,

Welcome to the community! A lot of advertisers, big and small, have had success with Google advertisements. You had asked about budget, the answer is that it does matter and you will need to use AdWords to manage your campaigns.

As Pankaj mentioned, it is a complex system and it is important that you understand. Don't let that scare you- there are a lot of great resources, including this forum! You should also check out the Google Partners program.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both for your help Smiley Happy I will look into these articles as well when I get started on it

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Sheryl,

I realise I am late to the party here but is there a chance that you were talking about running 'Product Listing Ads' (PLA) in your AdWords account?

If yes, PLA's are a great way to showcase your products on the serp, it gives you great leverage when it comes to displaying your product USP's and more info as compared to the normal text ads.

I personally have ran PLA's for my eCommerce based clients and have seen my conversion numbers soar with my CPA's hitting all time low. Depending on how you optimize your product feed, your campaign performance will vary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"