AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Translate for Landing Pages for International Shopping Feeds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Please can someone advise if a website that has been translated using Google Translate’s Javascript tool (like this one for example - http://www.ceiger.com/) is acceptable for / as a Google Shopping feed landing page?  Our site (www.freezeproshop.com) already changes currency and tax rules automatically but i'd like to understand if we were to implement Google Translate so that the landing pages were automatically translated when a Google Shopping Customer landed, would this be acceptable and allow us to target additional overseas counties?

From reading the guidance here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2952207 it seems it would but I wanted to confirm?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al C
September 2015

Re: Google Translate for Landing Pages for International Shopping Feed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have never come across where a clients feed has been disapproved or suspended due to grammar. Than again I have only done English feeds.

So I think the likely hood is low, however as it is in the policy I feel obliged to mention it. Pretty much the golden rule is if it is in the policy and you do go against it at some point Google will find you.

However some translation services might be very good, it is not that using a tool to translate is against the policy, merely the correctness of the sentences.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Generally automated translations of product information is not accepted. Google's Policy stipulates that the content needs to be grammatically correct. Unfortunately automated translation services including that of Google's are not grammatically correct.
You can find more info on that here
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188483
and here
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2700371?hl=en&ref_topic=2701481&vid=1-635786118392610028...

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel
Thank you for your reply.
It's interesting that Google would determine that their own product (Google Translate) isn't up to scratch! That does make a lot of sense though.
If we were to test this and the translated content was deemed to be sub-standard what would the implication be - would that feed by suspended or might it impact all our feeds? If one feed was an issue i assume we could just cancel this feed and the existing ones could continue as-is until we addressed the translation-quality issues?
Thanks again,
Al
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have never come across where a clients feed has been disapproved or suspended due to grammar. Than again I have only done English feeds.

So I think the likely hood is low, however as it is in the policy I feel obliged to mention it. Pretty much the golden rule is if it is in the policy and you do go against it at some point Google will find you.

However some translation services might be very good, it is not that using a tool to translate is against the policy, merely the correctness of the sentences.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Great insights