AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Showcase Ads Performance - Your Experience

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've transitioned a few shopping campaigns across a few accounts over to showcase ads and the impressions are always horrendous. Some run at 10% of their normal shopping campaign, while most never get any impressions. I've contacted support about this but get no help other than long phone calls of nothing. I will try again to see what they say.

Do you have any Showcase ads that perform equal or better than the standard shopping ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Showcase Ads Performance - Your Experience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Showcase ads and Shopping ads are completely different. Showcase ads only show up for generic search terms. I recommend you read up on the official documentation here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7325107?hl=en

The documentation explains that this is how it works. For example branded or relevant search terms will never show up for showcase ads. So yes the performance will be very bad if you base it of a campaign mechanic that is not the same.

You need to have two campaigns, 1 for showcase ads and 1 for shopping ads.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’