AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I'm in need of a little advice.

I’m currently helping an Organic Beauty site; they have a limited budget and prefer to stick with shopping as the route to market.

I’m having real difficulty bringing the cost per conversion down to an acceptable level. I have split the campaigns into brands (10 in total) 9 perform perfectly. The 10th brand has the biggest budget and is receiving good impressions (45%) and a CTR of 1.10%. Cost per conversion is £9.67, which is nearly 3 x the other brands. (Others averaging out at £3.50ish)

Price, image & landing pages are all okay to my mind, any suggestions?

I have thought re-allocating the budget for the 10th brand and trying the text ads route, any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Steve

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen H
November 2016

Google Shopping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Sometimes, a product or multiple products will just not work with a required ROI. As advice I would start working with ROAS / ROI rather than cost per conversion. As some products might a good up sell product which you can identify with ROI. While with cost per conversion you can't. It's not really a good method to measure how well your products are doing.

What I recommend is try to increase the CTR, I try to get it at least at 2%

The solution would be that you need to look at search terms, competition, relevancy, bidding etc...

Try different titles, images to increase the CTR.

When changing things for example the title, make sure it clearly describe the product

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen H
November 2016

Google Shopping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Sometimes, a product or multiple products will just not work with a required ROI. As advice I would start working with ROAS / ROI rather than cost per conversion. As some products might a good up sell product which you can identify with ROI. While with cost per conversion you can't. It's not really a good method to measure how well your products are doing.

What I recommend is try to increase the CTR, I try to get it at least at 2%

The solution would be that you need to look at search terms, competition, relevancy, bidding etc...

Try different titles, images to increase the CTR.

When changing things for example the title, make sure it clearly describe the product

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers buddy

Google Shopping

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

It could be as simple as a competitor having better prices, but searchers are inspired to visit your site as well. Free shipping is often a deciding factor for searchers. Perhaps the brand themselves is running ads?

Google Shopping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephen

If your 9 brands are performing perfect and only 1 brand is spoiling the CPA , then you should work upon its Product groups and then individual products. Optimise their Bid as per their performance . Your optimization can be based on CTR & Conv. rate .

I would also recommend working upon the titles and you may also try publishing these products on the basis of types than Brand. This may lead to lower down the high bid pricing due to brand name.

As its a beauty product , picture of the product may not be that relevant to user than its ingredients , make and benefits. You can definitely go for search campaigns stating the benefits and after effects of using your products. Dont forget to use all the Ad extensions applicable.