AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community,

I wanna know how we can decide estimated budget for shopping ads as we decide for standard google adwords campaign by considering the keywords how compititive are they.

In shooping ads , we do not use keywords so how we can tell our client how much he can spend for a month.

This is my first project, though i have managed product listing in GMerchant but never run a campaign.

Please help !

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Freebird
June

Google Shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's a very good question, with hundreds of answers. You need to ask your client what they can currently afford to pay. When a client asks me how much to spend, I suggest a small starting budget, then build out when the goals are reached.

A $30 daily budget will get you started and collect data. From there you can know how much to spend to achieve maximum impressions.

For example, if you start straight away with $300 per day, you might find that you do not use all of it due to things such as ranking built up, data feed quality, current bidding, etc...

A daily budget also depends on the size of the account, a big client I would not suggest $30. There is no correct answer, I recommend you be honest with your client and explain that calculating a daily budget without data is rather hard as Google does not provide keyword cpc suggestions for Google Shopping. Hence why you start with an acceptable budget, then increase as you progress.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Freebird
June

Google Shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's a very good question, with hundreds of answers. You need to ask your client what they can currently afford to pay. When a client asks me how much to spend, I suggest a small starting budget, then build out when the goals are reached.

A $30 daily budget will get you started and collect data. From there you can know how much to spend to achieve maximum impressions.

For example, if you start straight away with $300 per day, you might find that you do not use all of it due to things such as ranking built up, data feed quality, current bidding, etc...

A daily budget also depends on the size of the account, a big client I would not suggest $30. There is no correct answer, I recommend you be honest with your client and explain that calculating a daily budget without data is rather hard as Google does not provide keyword cpc suggestions for Google Shopping. Hence why you start with an acceptable budget, then increase as you progress.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’