AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping - some products not receiving impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having serious problems with my google shopping campaign. I got guided to the implementation team to check my shopping feed, but they found no errors. Then i went to google adwords team and they told me just to turn off enhanced CPC which we had tried before, but if i didn't do it they wouldn't escalate to the Google Shopping team. 

Because google dropped the with big commerce shopping integration, We recently switched from the automatic feed to manual. But like i said, the team said there isn't anything wrong with the feed and google merchant center shows no errors. This is when we started seeing delivery issues. but they said it wasn't the feed.

3 of the 11 products are getting impressions (some not alot), but our number 1 seller went from getting 100,000 impressions in march to 50,000 impressions in april and now like 350 impressions in may. All products are showing up and all say eligible. 

I am not entirely sure what to do from here. The company manufacturer's holsters for different models of firearms. I didn't know if that may be causing the issue.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you have recently switched than most likely this is the issue. If you have not matched the product ID to be identical to what BigCommerce supplied than all historic ranking is wiped away. This causes your new listings to start from zero.

If the change was just a week ago, I recommend to try and match the product id's to be identical. Which than allow you to recover the historical ranking. If it was longer than this than the likely hood of getting your ranking back is very small.

If it's not possible for you to match the id's then you will have to start from scratch. Which means you have to build up ranking which is influenced by attributes such as ctr, bidding, data feed quality.

The first task is for you to carefully inspect all attributes from the old feed to the new one and see what has changed.

Than check Adwords and compare the data before the drop in impressions and after, then analyze the cause.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feed was switched on April 5th. Immediately the impressions came back up to where they should be and then about a week later is when i saw the drop.

Even when i directly search the product in shopping it doesn't show up. 

What would be the strategy in building rank? If we can't even get impressions, i'm not even sure how to increase rank.

Thanks for the help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) Do not use search to find your products. This will cause your ad quality to drop and cpc costs up. Instead, use your Google Adwords data such as reports or table data.

2) Analyze what the issue is, the key to improving is understanding. This can be done by gathering your Adwords data and analyze all data points. Check what has changed. If you don't do this then you will not be able to resolve the issue. Advertising is all about analyzing everything, the feed, the adwords account and the website. Not doing this will not allow you to find the issue.

3) Try increasing the bids to your previous top sellers

From your posts, it most likely is the feed, something has changed and you need to research your data what has changed. Or if not possible make sure your data feed is optimized and has all required and recommended attributes.

Hope it helps.

As we have no account access and we are community members, we can not look into your account.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’