AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping in USA do not wors after the currency conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm Massimo from Rome, Italy. I've got a problem with the Shopping USA campain.

After the updating about the "Currency Conversion" (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7055540), my USA campain stops to work as usual. No items has been sold after the update of the feed.

The Merchand Center is all ok, the feed is all ok, everythinks in Merchand center appears ok but we don't sell anmore in USA. Before the update, we sold every day!

I'd like to know if this kind of problem has been found by somebody else and, if yes how can I fixed?

Thanks to all for reply and sorry my English Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Massimo, 

Did you also expand your campaign targeting after using the new currency conversion option? Before were you only display USD prices? 

Can you look into your target data about location to see if you're now targeting other countries? 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Josh, yes in the target of the campain we target other countries (not only USA).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is just a check list.

In Google Merchant

For currency conversion to work you need to submit a new feed (the same one) multiple times with a different target country. But keeping the same language and currency as your original data feed.

In Google Adwords

I recommend creating a different campaign for each target country and reverse what you have done on the original campaign

Although it's rather strange that your original target country has dropped, this is not normal and does not have any connection towards currency conversion.

Be sure that it has nothing to do with the period. For example I have allot of customers that sell good before christmas but now it's pretty low due to the period and should pick up again next week. A very normal trend.

However B2B is still strong.

So I recommend setting up 1 campaign per target country and make sure you submitted a data feed per target country that is eligible for currency conversion.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel, I confirm we got a data feed per target country and each feed is eligible for currency conversion. Merchand Center is all ok. We got 16 shopping campains running (16 data feed) and each campain is per target country. In my opinion, this new feature of the currency conversion doesn't work as well. Maybe it needs more testing by Google technicians. We asked to Google support info about the problem few time but the problem is not fixed.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I must have miss read the original thread, as I assumed you mentioned the original data feed was not working. That you had a track record.

But yes currency conversion is currently in beta and will not work as you expect from a dedicated data feed.

I recommend that if you want results to create a landing page targeting the native language and currency, with the correct associated data feed.

For example. If I want to to target France. The language of the landing page is French and the currency is Euro. The same applies for the data feed.

Think of it this way, if your native tough is French and your submitting a currency conversion data feed in English. Would you think this would work? Not really.

I'm a Belgian and if I saw Italian titles in the Shopping results I would not really click on it as I would not know what they are.

So dedicated data feeds will be your best bet, but remember the landing page, must be in the native language of the target country. This also applies for your contact details and policy pages.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey @Massimo C 

I wonder if the new feature spreads out your budget to other countries and distracts your campaigns from your primary earning budget (the US i assume). If so I recommend you split up your campaigns by country. 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’