AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping display ads that have a broken dest. url (404) ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed on one of my accounts that some of the links on my Product Listing Ads were broken but Google was still displaying the ad. Is there a way around this happening ? 

I have a script running for Adwords that pauses ads when the URL displays for certain messages, will this work for Google Shopping also ? Problem is the site in question does not currently display a message on the 404 landing page...

Thank you in advance

Re: Google Shopping display ads that have a broken dest. url (404) ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Normally Google spots 404 errors and disapproves those products from the feed, for whatever reason in this case it has not. You can either correct the feed and adjust the URLs or remove those products completely. Alternatively you can add in another parameter called adwords_redirect which will allow you to redirect to another url.

In terms of the script, the script is only applicable to AdWords and not the Merchant Center - there are technically no ads for Shopping Campaigns in AdWords (promotional ads in Shopping Campaigns are different to regular ads) - this means the script would not work on the Shopping aspect of your account.

Hopefully that answers your questions.