AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping and dietary supplements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website sells functional health dietary supplements. 4 out of my 8 products have been rejected by Google Shopping via my Shopify website's Google Shopping channel. I've reviewed & edited my product listing pages many times and cannot seem to find what is triggering Google to reject some of my products. Can anyone assist? 

Thank you, 

Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user

Facing issue for product approval in Google Merchant Center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking for some help with the same issue. Are you able to assist? 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Please share your URL.

Usually they problem is making claims about health benefits (especially weight loss), or the mentioning of prescription drugs somewhere on the site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Only 1 of my rejected items is a Fat Burner for weight loss. For that product type, and for all of my other products, I can do a search on Google and see many products come up on Google Shopping. I've tried to remove any language that would trigger the rejection. How can I get this resolved? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Checking if other merchants are able to submit a product does not mean it is following the policies. You need to make sure you compare your data based on Google's policies.

If you have removed all claims and statements from the whole of your website and data feed, and if then Google still does not allow you to submit it. Then, in this case, you can not submit it and you must remove it from the feed and website.

Leaving products that contain not allowed ingredients or making statements and claims on the website regardless of being submitted or not is also a violation. Also check non product pages such as blog articles and others...

You can also contact Google directly here : https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Definitely check non product pages such as blog articles and others... as recommended above. Google's bots will look at your entire site. Often the word "guarantee" is the problem, regardless of context, if combined with other trigger words like time spans or weight amounts.