AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping - Targeting

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My Ad is showing for Red Shoes , Since I have inserted red Shoes as  " Item " in Data Feed

But my ad is not showing , when some one is searching for Red Shoes for Men ( See another Pic. )

How this can be done Red Shoes for Men.jpg

Red Shoes.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping - Targeting

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeewan,

This sounds like a case of needing to optimise your Shopping campaigns performance. Just because you have a product with the same descriptor as what you are searching for, does not mean it will show. Just like a basic Search campaign, you need to optimise your products. 

I would suggest that you first update the "description" of your products as this attribute is taking the place of keywords (more or less) in your campaign. Secondly I would suggest that you review your performance using the Products Group tab and the Dimensions tab. Finally I would suggest that you review your bids, and possibly raise them - you can use the bid simulator feature to help you. All of this information is available in detail in this Help Center Article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455573?hl=en

I hope this helps! Happy Optimising! 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank You @KathleenG for prompt reply. But in my camp product group is not showing.

Ans as per your saying i should add sort of keywords into "description "

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeewan
Have you also checked the Google Merchant Account for status update, like you can visit the feed and check if it is showing or are there any warnings (mostly milder ones not leading to suspension) or other signals you may uncover? Feed optimization as Kathleen suggested is a 'must do' using keywords thereafter..