AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Result Images

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

I am having some issues with the images that are been displayed in the Google Shopping search results. Below is a copy of the image I am submitting to Merchant Center._stackers-classic-lidded-white-rose-gold-pl1.jpgOriginal image size is 1200*1200px

When this product is display in shopping results it appears blurred and appears to be cropped (see below)Results.JPG

I have read through the documentation regarding images in merchant centre (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324350?hl=en-GB) and have found this clause which I believe may potentially be causing the issue. 

Keep in mind that we may automatically crop your image as we experiment with the best display options for the Shopping ad format. The purpose of the cropping is to focus the image more on the product.

Is there a way to discourage the automatic cropping of images? 
Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing this issue? 

Thanks,
Becky

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Becky H
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google will always need to crop images to fit there ad designs, nothing you can do about this.

The only recommendation I would suggest is to submit images sized 250*250, however when showing larger or smaller images you encounter the same issue.

You can only submit 1 image and I recommend 800*800 pixels.

If you feel the quality of the images will interfere with the ad performance, than send Google some feedback with a very clear explanation why you feel the ads are not good.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Becky H
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google will always need to crop images to fit there ad designs, nothing you can do about this.

The only recommendation I would suggest is to submit images sized 250*250, however when showing larger or smaller images you encounter the same issue.

You can only submit 1 image and I recommend 800*800 pixels.

If you feel the quality of the images will interfere with the ad performance, than send Google some feedback with a very clear explanation why you feel the ads are not good.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Personally, I see now problem with the quality of the image. It's only when they get to your site to searchers expect to see it properly. In the search results, they just make a quick glance. I wouldn't worry about it.