AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Promotions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys 

I am trying to run a promo through my merchant centre and i have added the info of the promotion by clicking list (see screen shot) . My issue is that this promo is product specific. How do i ensure that the relevant products are showing the promo?  

Do I have to add a colum to my exisiting feed, create a new feed?  I am stumped on this one !

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 17.27.30.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Emmanuel F (Top Contributor)
August 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can add the column "promotion_id" to your product feed, then map the set promotion id to specific products. Click the big, blue plus (+) button shown in your screenshot to create a new promotion. The id for the "Promo ID" box in Merchant Center needs to match the id you put in the "promotion_id" column in your product feed, then select the option that this applies to specific products. 

Here is a detailed guide on how to set up promotions: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4588281?hl=en&ref_topic=6396150

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Emmanuel F (Top Contributor)
August 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can add the column "promotion_id" to your product feed, then map the set promotion id to specific products. Click the big, blue plus (+) button shown in your screenshot to create a new promotion. The id for the "Promo ID" box in Merchant Center needs to match the id you put in the "promotion_id" column in your product feed, then select the option that this applies to specific products. 

Here is a detailed guide on how to set up promotions: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4588281?hl=en&ref_topic=6396150