AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping/PLAs Microdata automatic update with multiple prices on one page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a difficult time having the automatic price update 'take' with regards to my site and PLAs. Many of our pages have multiple items and prices on them, is this why? An example of our typical page can be seen here: http://www.garrettwade.com/garrett-wade-yankee-push-drill-gp.html. Our schema.org returns a price range, since we have a variety of items, is this not usable for automatic updates?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping/PLAs Microdata automatic update with multiple prices on one page?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Brandon,

Do you still need help with this issue?

Cassie

Re: Google Shopping/PLAs Microdata automatic update with multiple prices on one page?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Google Shopping does not use lowprice / highprice You will need to use the below microdata

<span itemprop="price">10.00</span>

Google does not allow fluctuating prices as in between two figures. The price submitted to Google Merchant must be the same as that of your website landing page.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the responses. But what if our landing pages offer multiple variations of the same product at different prices? Then we just aren't able to automatically update using microdata?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Typically Google only allows the promotion of 1 product per page. So when you submit a product the landing page has to reflect the product. If you have multiple products and you want to promote them all, you will need to use query string url's that define the option or choice. Than based on the query string show the relevant data.
I recommend you talk to your web developer to achieve the required goals.

Alternatively disable automatic updates in your Google Merchant settings.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’