AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Keywords and Criteria's? - What's controlling the display output?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We are selling sports nutrition and supplements for the Swiss market. We have some product called -> pre-workout boosters. URL: https://goo.gl/uG2MQ3

Unfortunately, our own product lines are on Google Shopping: https://goo.gl/r12wmk BUT users can't see them on the front side of Google: https://goo.gl/Khu2u6 There you see no product listing. But that would be awesome to have it there in front of all the other competitors. 

I don't understand how we can push it to the front of Google. What criteria's are controlling the visibility output? Is there some guideline or some help we can read to understand it better. 

Thanks for any input on that matter.

Cheers,

Simon from trainsane.ch

Screenshot: Here we would like to have our product line 'pre-workout booster' as well as the ones from our competitors. Smiley Wink  

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 10.43.18.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Shopping Keywords and Criteria's? - What's controlling the display output?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If Google is showing product ads on the web search, than the only data you can use as reference is absolute top impression share.

Essentially to get in this position you need to bid higher.

More info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7501826?hl=en

If Google is not showing product ads on the web search, than there is nothing you can do to force it to happen.

This depends on allot of factors only known to Google and is merely speculative to the public.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, I understand it's an algorithm working independently. And we don't know exactly what criteria are important. But to be honest. Every competitor got their products well listed in the market for the term -> "pre-workout". I can't believe there is nothing we can do. Maybe we need to invest time to analyze our competitor's code or product feed? I think Product Titles, descriptions could be a fresh start. What do you think? What would you improve to show it there up? We are already biding high. So I think it's something with our code or the data structures. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Your original question you mention there you see no products. This is what I referred to as, there is nothing you can do. But if Google is listing product ads than please read below.

Do make sure you check the absolute top impression share metric, simply saying I'm already bidding high is not the right way to improving your advertising. You need to use the data to understand what is happening.

If for example you have exhausted the impression share for absolute top, than it is indeed down to the overall ranking of your data feed, pricing, product, brand, website etc...

In this instance you do indeed need to improve.

For example, if you are extremely high priced, than you will get allot less available impressions than a competitor that is competitively priced. It also depends on the popularity of the brand. If you have an unknown brand, you will perform worse than a branded product, but again depends on the niche and situation.

My recommendation is to improve every aspect where possible. A good tip if you do not know what to do, is read articles, read lots of them and than draw up your own conclusions from your research. Also make sure you research what your competitors are doing and compare that with yours. etc... There are allot of things to consider.

Use Google Adwords data and Google Analytics to analyze where you are failing and what you can do to improve. Do experiments to improve, etc...

Structured data does not have much to do with ranking or anything at all. The minimum requirement is to list the price, availability and condition. Adding any additional info is not required as per Google's Documentation.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’