AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Item Id Subdivision

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've a feed that is automatically generated from my Magento website. I divided ads group by brand and subdivided each brand with items id. So each brand is a group and every product of that group is independently advertised with custom bidding.

When i add new products within Magento, these products will be put by google shopping within the "all the others" group of the specific brand, for which i automatically exclude the bid. My question is: there is a way to rapidly (maybe automatically) find product within each of the "all the others" groups? I need to manually put those products within the brand group product and then subdivide them by item id as i do with all the rest of the products.

Thanks!

Schermata del 2016-01-25 20_30_06.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Google Shopping Item Id Subdivision

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

Unfortunately I don't think a solution exists that can do what you're looking for automatically. You'll need to go into your Shopping campaign and add each item where you subdivide them by Item ID under the brand level. As Emmanuel said, if you are concerned about not having these new products showing and don't have time to subdivide them each time new products are added, you can set a bid for the Everything Else category so that those items are still eligible to show.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. There is not an automatic way to do this, as far as I know. When I'm looking at your screenshot, though, I see that all of those products do have "GHD" in their product names, which I'm guessing is why they ended up in your GHD brand group. Is GHD not the correct brand for those products?

Cassie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The only way to have this automated is to not go down to the level of Item ID's

So if you have a ad group that is divided by brand than do not add item id's than when you add a new item it will be automatically added.

Another way if you want to keep item id's is to have everything else included with a bidding. Than when you add new product at least its in there and showing.

These are the only two options I can see working.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That GHD is the brand and it is normal to find item id's within that group. They are new products added through Magento that google shopping gets automatically from the updated feed. This operation is done putting those products within the "all the others" group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need to "extract" those products from the "all the others" group cause i need to get the performance of each single product using its item id. I use it to group products with the same "keyword" (the item it in this case) within google analytics. I know it could sound strange, but i need it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

Unfortunately I don't think a solution exists that can do what you're looking for automatically. You'll need to go into your Shopping campaign and add each item where you subdivide them by Item ID under the brand level. As Emmanuel said, if you are concerned about not having these new products showing and don't have time to subdivide them each time new products are added, you can set a bid for the Everything Else category so that those items are still eligible to show.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,
thanks for your reply. I know i can set a base offer to apply to all the others product, but in this case i will not have the possibility to track clicks and performancies of these products segmenting theme by keywords (intented as product sku).

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the additional info. In that case then unfortunately there isn't a built-in automation tool that will do this for you in your account.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks CassieH,

i would like to know if and where i can submit my request to google api developers. I think it could be great to have this functionality for many people out there!

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
You can submit feedback here: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/cfeedback

Thanks, Denis!